Sunday, August 9, 2009

The End of an Era.....


Well, it's official...almost. The highly anticipated birth of our son will mark the end of and era. It's been a fun era too, the Me (or longer version - Me and Lisa) Era. All this past week I've been doing normal little everyday, in an out, routine things and thinking to myself..."this is the last time I will do this again before I'm a daddy". It's still a really strange thought to me. I shaved this morning for the last time as a non-father (I'm a once-a-weeker), I took the garbage out for the last time...without diapers in it, I ate at Zapopan for the last time without planning it around a baby's schedule, I cut my hair for the last time......well, that's been a while ago. But I think you follow me. It's starting to get real, and it's about to get really real.

Of course, I am looking forward to the new era; me and Lisa both are. I couldn't truthfully say I am excited about the diaper changing, and all the sleep all my friends are telling me I won't be getting, but I know there's a lot more to it than that. We are really looking forward to seeing Baby Boy Harper, and honestly believing he's the cutest baby ever born. We are looking forward to figuring it all out. The truth is, I am actually looking forward to seeing what kind of man God is going to make me into, and how he'll use me to make my boy His own. Yeah, I would have to say I'm excited.

Now I'm looking forward to a few weeks of saying to myself, "this is the first time I ever_______________."
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be great parents and you will see what precious gifts little boys are! I am triply blessed and would not have it any other way! It is very busy but all well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be great parents!!! We remember all the advice from other parents (lack of sleep, crying...blah, blah, blah)but you are so right, God is going to change you and give you the desires of your heart. You will have the perfect son for you and Lisa! He will be nothing like anyone elses, because God formed him perfectly for YOU! Enjoy your son, remember...God loves him more than you will (which blows my mind, becasue I know how much I love my kiddos)!!

    ReplyDelete