Saturday, November 7, 2009

What a Day, What a week...























It has been a long month... It has been a busy week... It has been a rough day...

Me and Lisa are drained in every sense of the word. After waiting over three weeks, then an additional unexpected week, Jackman finally got his endoscopy that we've been waiting on. I really, really wish I could say we got the news we were hoping for, but we didn't.

After all this waiting, his esophagus hasn't grown at all. It's in the same shape it was 2 long months ago.

The worst thing is that he was circumcised today. That normally happens the day after they are born (from what I understand), but because of everything that happened around the time he was born, that got put on the back burner. Well, since they had him anesthetized anyway, we decided to go ahead and have that done. Needless to say, we ruined his day.

He was inconsolable. We couldn't do anything to make him feel better. He cried and screamed for three hours straight. It was awful. Thanks God he'll feel better in a couple of days.

And now, about the upcoming surgery; I don't really know what to say. This is tough all over again. After all this waiting, we still don't know what's going to happen. We don't know the plan. We don't even really know when something will happen. All the information we have right now is that they will probably do surgery next week. We will probably find out the day of, and the game plan the day before.

So, back to the waiting and not knowing. That's tough, especially when we were counting on finding out something today.

One day, whenever God decides it's time, and according to His plan, we'll get to post some big news on here to His glory. I'm looking forward to that. Until then (and after then), we just keep trying to walk in a manner worthy of the call of Christ.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. Greg and Lisa, sorry to hear that you didn't get to hear the results you were hoping for. We are continuing to pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is I am so sad to hear this "not-so-good-news". If I could give him some of mine, I would. I love you guys and you know Jackman is allowing all of us to join your hearts in prayer over this. We are family and we will support you all the way. "Jackman, we love you, big man!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say "this breaks my heart". But, it's not about me. I want to say "I don't know how you and Lisa hold up to this." But, I know the answer to that. I am so thankful that you and Lisa have your faith in Christ our Savior and Rock to give you strength on a daily basis as needed. I'm also thankful for all the support and prayers from your friends and church family. Otherwise, I'm at a loss for words to express how much my heart goes out to the both of you and my love for Jackman.

    ReplyDelete