Saturday, July 4, 2009

Crunch Time...

You got to love the drunk stork from the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Anyway, the 4th of July means something a little different to me and Lisa this year...one month till Baby Boy Harper is due. From what I understand, there really is no telling when he'll actually get here, but I'm told sometime in the next 8 weeks or so.

It still seems kinda unreal. I know you are probably dying to make a joke about how it will be real soon enough. To tell the truth, I'll be relieved when he gets here because everyone has had a lot of fun at my expense about how clueless I am about the reality of having a baby. It doesn't hurt my feelings or anything...it just gets old hearing the same thing over and over (and if you are reading this, I'm not talking about you...but someone else).

I'll be the first to admit it's going to be a life-changer. I know it. I'm trying to relish these last few days of me time. I know that will be on hold for around 18-35 years, depending. But we are ready to see the one who has been kicking Lisa all this time.

As for the name...we really haven't nailed one down as of now, but we aren't telling anyone until he is born. For one reason, it's more funner that way (yes, I said funner). And for another reason, I don't want to get locked into a name if I can name him something like Battlecat or Tornado at the last minute. So in the mean time, have fun guessing.

Oh yeah, one more thing: The over/under on the arrival is starting out at noon, August 4th, and is subject to change, so get your bets in early. Losers pay 25% sugar.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment